About Me

My photo
The McDermott Scholars Award covers all expenses of a superb four-year academic education at The University of Texas at Dallas, in concert with a diverse array of intensive extracurricular experiences, including internships, travel, and cultural enrichment.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Greetings from Greece

Hey Everyone,

My summer has been so BUSY so far, but I am really having a blast. I started in the Bahamas, snorkeling and working on research data for my thesis. I am in Greece now and have been filming on several different islands and in Athens. The documentary is getting really interesting. (We just found out that the island of Sifnos has 26 towers all over the island from centuries ago, and an Australian recently discovered they were once used to communicate from one side of the island to another, through means of sight. Impressive much??) I had trouble with my internship on Ios, but I fell in love with a hotel on the island of Sifnos and will be working here instead. The job is a lot of fun, and the owners and staff treat us like we are family. They also have a 3-year-old son who says he's in love with me. Teehee. Anyway, I am sure a lot more will happen this summer, and I will tell everyone about it when it does. Have a great summer, wherever you are!

Holly