About Me

My photo
The McDermott Scholars Award covers all expenses of a superb four-year academic education at The University of Texas at Dallas, in concert with a diverse array of intensive extracurricular experiences, including internships, travel, and cultural enrichment.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Clifford - One Month Abroad

I cannot believe that one month has already passed in Barcelona. All my friends I made from the first session all left already and new students come in for the second session. I have done and seen so much in Barcelona, yet there are still many things I still need to do. Thankfully, I have one more month to explore.

So far, I have been to Monjuic (named the Jewish Mountain with a castle on top giving amazing views of Barcelona), watched the Magic Fountains (it's Fantasia like), go to the many beaches and explore Barcelonetta and Port Olympic, visited the Museum of National Art of Catulunya, walked around the Gothic District and Modern district, the aquarium (one of Europe’s biggest), Gaudi’s masterpieces and Unesco world heritage sites (Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Casa Batllo, Parc Guell), watched a bull fight (dislike), Museum of City History (there is Roman ruins underneath Barcelona), Costa Brava, Sitges, Girona, Figueres (Dali Museum), Montserrat, FC Barcelona Stadium, Miro Museum, Olympic Stadium, Botanic Gardens, the Spanish Village, and the list keeps going.

But the amazing thing is how fast I’m learning Spanish. I did not know any Spanish besides hola and gracias before this trip. I couldn’t understand a word my host mom said to me. Now, I can comprehend a lot of things, write some, and speak a bit. According to my professor, just one month of learning Spanish in Spain is about 1 year worth of learning back at home. 5 hour classes Monday through Friday is tiring, but so worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment